Ariel Dumas is a multiple-Emmy-nominated writer for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. A veteran of the Second City Touring Company (RedCo), she also performed in several revues at Second City’s UP Comedy Club and as an understudy on the Second City Mainstage. At iO Chicago, she improvised with the Harold team Echo and with the DelTones. Before starting her comedy career in Chicago, Ariel performed classical repertory with Shakespeare on the Cape on Cape Cod, and at various theaters in the Twin Cities. Follow Ariel on Twitter!
In this episode
- Chicago: It May Be The Second City, But Is It The First City… Of Cats? We find out in today’s Cat Quiz!
- [Cat Quiz Spoiler] Here’s a video of the band from Question 4. They make me want to go to Chicago and throw a party!
- Shout out to the Tree House Humane Society and all the good work they do for Chicago kitties.
- We debut a new segment: Hey, You Need A Cat! Today we’re talking to Keanu Reeves. (To clarify, he’s not on the show… but we’re pretty sure he’s listening.)
- Here it is: the saddest tweet of all time.
- Ariel explains the reasoning behind Boy Kitty and Girl Kitty’s names, and the names they had before she got them. Plus: what happens when you let your cats watch too much Bill O’Reilly?
- Cat furniture hacks and DIYs: the next big TV trend? We think so. Here’s the viral eyeball monster cat bed Ariel made.
- The Amazing Acro-Cats on the Late Show was one of the best things that ever happened. And it couldn’t have happened at a better time.